Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rollin' my legs

This is the roller I have.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  It hurts when I roll but I feel so much better once I'm done.

I found this article about where endurance athletes need to focus their rolling.


I'm not sure I'd call myself an endurance "athlete" - but I am doing endurance workouts so I figure this fits my needs.  Personally the area I have the most pain is my Piriformis. In addition to my roller I also use a tennis ball for the areas I can't roll and "The Stick" on my calves and arches of my feet.   

Last night my muscles hurt so bad in a few spots it was hard to fall asleep.  Sad I love sleep!  I'm trying to roll it out twice a day right now so that I don't get injured.  I am NOT going to let myself get injured this year.  I have too many races to do and too many miles to run!!

Today's workout:  spin & weights
Tomorrow:  10 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment