My goals for 2014:
1. Run 1200 miles
2. Do 2 unassisted pull-ups
3. Compete in a new event (anything I haven't done before - distance or type)
I'm ready to say goodbye to 2014. It wasn't a great year for me with running. Actually it was probably my worst year ever. Here is how my goals ended up.
1. I ran 525.64 miles - not even half of my original goal. I had so many months of 0 miles and am still only running 2-3 days a week.
2. I got my pull-ups this year and even did a workout where I did like 60 pull-ups total. AND I got a strict pull-up down too. This was all back in the spring before my surgery and now I am back to being able to barely do 1. Oh well.
(Valentine's day right when I first got my pull-ups -
not pretty but I got my chin over the bar...barely)
3. I competed in the Crossfit Open this year. It was a whole new ball game for me. It was a 5 week long competition with 1 workout each week. There were some serious high's and low's for me during this. But I'm glad I did it.
Now onto 2015. I have no idea what goals to set for this year. I am still struggling to get back into a routine with working out and don't want to push my body too hard until I am fully recovered. But it would be weird to not set any goals so here are my 3 fitness goals:
1. Do a body weight back squat by June
2. Run 750 miles
3. NOT GET INJURED!!
It is time I get a routine back too. My plan is to do crossfit 5 days a week. Do 2 short-tempo runs and 1 long run a week and 1 rowing workout a week. This should keep me from running too many miles but help me get back in shape. I want to be in half-marathon shape at all times.