Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bleh!

Today my run sucked.  That's all there is to it.  10 miles of pain.  My leg hurt and I was just dragging.  At the end of the run I looked at my avg pace and it was 20 seconds slower than my normal pace.  UGH!  

I hate days like today.  I still did my miles so I should be happy - but that's not really me.  I need some time to beat myself up a little.  

Maybe it's the fact that my body still thinks it's 4:00 am - thank you so much daylight savings.  Maybe I didn't eat right yesterday or drink enough water.  Maybe running our loop backwards was just that much harder.  Who knows.  And honestly I don't care what excuse I can come up with I want to feel stronger on my next run than I did today.  The only thing that got me through the run at all was the fact that I was running with my 2 girls and they pushed me to keep going.  Without knowing it they totally kept me going.  By the end of the run I had both ears plugged into my iPod and I was 3 feet behind them just trying to finish the run.  The last 1 1/2 miles was so hard but I did it because I wasn't alone.  Thank goodness for friends!

1 comment:

  1. Your 98% further than everyone else who doesn't run. Personally I got over speed in running a long time ago, maybe that is because I am old and fat and slow and I run more for the enjoyment of the run. And ironically for me I enjoy running more by myself than with other because of the pace and comparison aspect, I feel I need to go faster. Just keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete