Saturday, March 10, 2012

Next time I'll rest

Today our long run was 12 miles.  I thought it would be a piece of cake.  My base is at 10 miles and last week I ran 18.  I was sorely mistaken.  Today's run was harder for me physically and mentally than last week's run.  I ran yesterday instead of taking a day off to rest.  Big mistake.  My legs started the run tired and it just went downhill from there.  I made it through the whole run but it just didn't feel good.  My pace was slower this week than on last weeks long run.  Frustrating.  So the take away from today's run is to make sure my rest day is always the day before my long run.   


P.S.  I'm getting really excited that spring is in the air.  It's light out in the mornings (at least until tomorrow) and it's starting to warm up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment