Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Power Pancakes

Monday morning after a long 10 mile run I got a text from the girl who went with me about the "most amazing breakfast" of power pancakes. And since this particular girl is an amazing runner and the most amazing cook I know I couldn't wait to try them.  Let me also add at this point that we talk about food a LOT on runs - it's a topic that just never gets old. 

Tonight for dinner I made these and not only were they low  in carbs and high in protein they were delicious.  My kids and I devoured them and I ended up making another double batch.  I will admit that we had them with strawberries, bananas, homemade buttermilk syrup (also from the above mentioned running cook) and fresh whipped cream.  Delish.  Every one of my kids loved them - even my very picky 5 year old. 

This weeks workouts so far:
Monday - 10 mile run (we averaged 8:45 pace...yippee!)
Today - spin/weights

My spin workout:  Add-ons
1 - active recovery
2 - fast flat
3 - hill sprint
4 - high tension
5 - isolation
6 - hill sprint
7 - standing run
8 - fast flat
9 - high tension
10 - jumps
you start with 1-5 then every set add one more on until you get to 10.



1 comment:

  1. Uh, Kathy, seriously??? Where is the recipe for those pancakes? I need it! :-)

    ReplyDelete