Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 in Review

Last year was a fun year of running for me.  I ran 1232 miles.  That means I ran far enough to go from my  house to California (Huntington Beach area) and back again.  WOW! My goal for 2011 was to run at least 1000 miles. I loved tracking my miles and plan to do it again this year.  


I am currently 10 pounds less from where I was last year at this time.  Same weight as last month and only 2 pounds over where I was at the end of the summer.  It's nice to not have a huge diet ahead of me for once.  Although, I do plan on doing a nice reboot or cleanse to get rid of all the holiday food still in me :)  


Races I did in 2011:  Ragnar, the Dirty Dash, Pink half marathon, Snow Canyon half marathon, and the Earn Your Turkey run.


So what's in store for 2012?  I am already registered for 2 marathons and Ragnar again.  I'm sure I'll throw a few more half marathons and other fun races in as well.  I plan to run at least 1200 miles in 2012 and I kicked off the new year with a 9 mile run this morning.  


This weeks training plan:
M:  9 miles easy
T: spin & lift
W: speed work (8 miles total w/4 1600's at 8:10 pace)
Th:  6 miles easy & lift
F: rest
S:  10 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment