Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Treadmill

Today's workout was speed work.  I ran a warm up mile around a 9:00 min/mile pace then did 1 mile intervals at 7:36 pace with a 1/2 mile jog between each one 4 times. The 3rd one was the hardest for me for some reason.  By the last one I was so ready to be done after the first half mile I started speeding it up so I could be done faster.  It's always great once the workout is over.  My workout was 7 miles total.  

Speaking of treadmills.  We got one for Christmas.  Merry Christmas to me!!!  Other items I purchased for myself this Christmas season include 2 new pair of running shoes, gym shoes, a few new sports water bottles and a new workout shirt.  I really needed them all and since I was already at the store.....I need serious therapy for my workout shopping habits!
Yesterday the boys decided that part of their new year resolutions would be to start running and get faster.  Tayson (9) is running 1 mile at least 3 times a week and Luke (7) is doing a half mile at least 3 times a week.  We even set our treadmill up in our theater room to create our own "cardio cinema" but haven't turned the lights out or a movie on yet while running. I love seeing my kids workout & it would make me so happy if any of my kids became a runner.  Maybe then when I go on vacation I'll have someone to run with :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment