Friday, January 27, 2012

Gear Review - My shoes

 I am on my 4th pair of Saucony Kinvara 2's.  I switched to them early last year to go a little more neutral with my running.  It took me a few weeks to get used to them.  My calves were so sore at first but nothing now.  I love how light they are.  I can't even put on my old shoes without feeling like my knees are doing too much work.  

They have worn down just like my old shoes if not a little better since I don't hit as hard now.  I'd say they last me a good 400-500 miles before I start to notice the tread going.  

I always buy them 2 pair at a time online and alternate them during the week when I run so that I have broken in shoes without too many miles for races.  Plus then I only pay shipping once.

I bought this black/blue pair with my last purchase and I LOVE them.  I get compliments on them every time I wear them.  The only bad part is that I like them better with black no show socks and all my good running socks are white so I'll need to buy some new socks I guess.  I wore them on my flight to Orlando last week and ended up talking to one of the flight attendants about running and my shoes.  Typical me - always talking about running.  

P.S.  today is a rest day.  I love rest days!  I didn't even set an alarm this morning and when I automatically woke up at 5:15 am I just rolled over and went back to sleep with no guilt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment