Thursday, January 19, 2012

Road Runners

In the last 7 days I have stayed overnight in Anaheim, Spokane, Montana, Provo and Orlando. I don't normally have to travel for work. Two weeks in January is usually it for the year. This year right in the middle of it all I had my grandmas funeral. I have been struggling to get my miles in. Running is hard enough to do at home with the girls so when I'm on my own it's simple brutal.

In Anaheim I ran in the hotel gym. It sucked. In Spokane I did my 10 miler on a gorgeous paved trail along the Spokane River with my sister. The trail was right behind my hotel. Fabulous.

Today in Orlando I did NOT want to run 9 miles on the treadmill so I decided to brave the streets. Every street I ran down ended with a freeway on ramp and there were no sidewalks. I ended up just going up and down the 6 lane street my hotel is on a few times with a few sidetracks down dead ends. It sucked. But it was still better than the treadmill.

Someone needs to create a website with running friendly hotels with different distance runs you can take from the hotels.

Workouts: yesterday 8 miles. Today 9 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment