Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sign up for a race!

This morning when my alarm went off at 5:00 am I quickly realized I am not ready for real life to start.  The last 2 weeks have been so much fun and I'm not ready for it to be over.  But I got out of my warm bed and headed to the gym to teach spin. 

Today's workout was a RPE workout - we went between level 6 & 9 for 45 minutes.  It went by fast and is a great way to burn lots of calories.  I found the workout in one of my Fitness magazines created for a treadmill and modified it for spin.  Then after spin I lifted weights.  I really do love my double workout days once I'm at the gym. 

One thing I love to challenge my spin class to do is to sign up for a race in January.  It's a great way to stay motivated and more fun than simply setting a goal of "go to the gym" or "lose 10 pounds".  So if you haven't signed up for a race yet....get to it!  Any race will do - 5K, 10K, 1/2 or full marathon, a bike race, a triathlon.  It doesn't matter what it is as long as it will challenge you.



I am already registered for the UV marathon and Ragnar 2012 and committed to the STG marathon in October!

1 comment:

  1. I've signed up for a half IM and Hanni and I are doing an Xterra tri and Adventure race together. We are still looking at other races as well.

    ReplyDelete