Friday, February 3, 2012

Today's Workout - Long Run

Today all the running girls had husbands in town so we decided to sleep in and go running at 6:00 am instead of 5:00.  And we only had to do 12 miles for our long run this week.  How sad is it that I was so excited to sleep in until 6:00 and run 12 miles?  Today's run was a tough route - I'm not sure we'll be doing this one again there were a lot of long uphills.  Luckily, I skipped yesterday's workout so I was running on rested legs.  We did our gu at mile 6 when we hit the half way point.  Next time I think it would be better to push it back to mile 7 or even 8 so my legs would have felt stronger at the end of the run.  

I'm excited that I don't have to go to bed super early tonight to prepare for a Saturday long run.  Tomorrow I'll put in a few miles and lift weights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment