Saturday, February 11, 2012

Running until it hurts

 I love this image and quote (I found it during my ice bath and it helped me get through the last 3 minutes).  Today was a 16 miler and it hurt.  The entire last mile I had to talk myself into putting one foot in front of the other.  I mean really will it ever get easier?  The girls and I were talking about our aches and pains and old age for the last 1/2 mile.  The response to the question "will it ever not hurt?" was something to the effect of we're getting stronger so that every run it will hurt less. I did 40 miles total this week.  Ah yeah - getting stronger every week!

Thank goodness I have the girls along side me suffering every step of the way.  Otherwise I know I could never do it.  After the run my knees and hips were really aching so I took an ice bath.  I hate taking ice baths.  They hurt more than the run but they work.  My knees felt better by the time I got out and my hips and ankles are feeling much better as well.

I also found this quote on pinterest during my ice bath and laughed out loud.  I love it and think it's hilarious.



No comments:

Post a Comment