Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A new PR....9 miles on the treadmill

I honestly hate the treadmill.  So far this year I haven't been "forced" to the treadmill for any runs.  There hasn't been any snow so no matter the temp we run outside.  Once a week we run on the treadmill for our speedwork.  Knowing ahead of time that I'm running on the treadmill and "wanting" to has made a huge difference.  

Today's workout was 9 miles total.  1 mile warm up.  6 miles at tempo (8:10 pace) then a 2 mile cool down.  I've never run 9 straight miles on the treadmill before today and it actually went by fairly fast.  I felt pretty good on the run.  We chatted during the warm up and cool down and during the tempo miles plugged in the iPod.  

Something totally awesome that happened today on the treadmill.....the calories turned over when they past 999.  I'll admit that it wasn't my actual calorie burn since I didn't put in the right weight but it doesn't matter it was still inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment