Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Need a healthy meal?



I love drinking protein shakes for meals.  Really I do.  I usually do 1 or 2 meals a day as a shake.  I think one of the reasons I like shakes/smoothies so much is because I don't like very many high-protein foods - aside from a nice juicy steak or burger.  I don't like fish. Chicken bores me if it's not in pasta or cream sauce.  And please don't mention the word tofu to me (I'm still scarred for life from my mom making me eat it as a child).  

So if you're looking for a great healthy smoothie here's an option for you.  Traci's fave smoothie. Enjoy.

Today's workout:  tempo run on the treadmill - 10 miles total with 6 miles at 7:53 pace. Then tonight is a nice easy 5 mile night run to get ready for Ragnar. 

P.S.  today's tempo run was tough because it was done without music.  I was with the girls but we didn't have the energy to chat during the tempo portion so it was brutal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment