Friday, May 25, 2012

Alone in the basement

I managed to tweak my neck earlier this week so I missed speed work on Wednesday.  I decided to fit it in this morning at home.  Running alone in my basement can really suck.  I had nothing to look at and distract me.  My treadmill counts to the 100th spot so I just sit and watch every single number tick by - which makes it feel so long.  

The good part is that I ran in my sports bra - I would NEVER show my stretchmark muffin top in public.  NEVER.  And the other good part is that I have a fan right in front of me blowing lots of air right on me. 

The workout was 9 miles total.  Warm up mile then 1 mile intervals at a 7:13 pace with half mile jogs between 5 times.  I really didn't think I was going to make it by the 3rd one but somehow I dug really really deep and managed to get the whole workout in.  Now I'm kickin' it in my compression socks hoping my legs recover before our long run tomorrow morning. Luckily it's only 12 miles.

P.S.  how do you like my fake smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment