Wednesday, May 2, 2012

12.3 on the treadmill baby!


Today I did a tempo run on the treadmill at the gym at 5:30 am.  Warm up for 1 mile then 6 miles at 7:53 pace and then ran another 5 miles at my normal pace.  The run today felt good.  I went a few extra miles (I usually do 10 total for tempo runs) because one of my running girls is going out of town this weekend and can't do our long run so she was doing it on the treadmill and I didn't want to leave her alone :)

I went through 2 full water bottles and a pack of honey stinger energy chews.  The gym is just so hot I sweat like a pig!  One of my water bottles was filled with Gatorade and had a touch of caffeinated crystal light in it.  Ah yeah.

After the run when we were stretching by the HUGE mirrors on the wall at the gym I realized just how bad I looked.  I'm talking scary!!  I look bad enough when I simply roll out of bed, get dressed and head to the gym - but add 12 miles on the treadmill to me and it is so frightening!!  I mean really - wow!!!  If you only see me at the gym in the morning I apologize - I swear I don't always look like this.


2 comments:

  1. I hate those girls at the gym that look like they just stepped out of a fashion magazine. I say if you don't look like a hot mess then you aren't working hard enough! And by the way, I think you look just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Amy! Back when I used to go to the gym, it just annoyed me when you see "those girls" in ear rings, makeup and the whole thing, doing a pseudo workout. Give me a break.

    ReplyDelete