Tuesday, December 20, 2011

You need to work out more

A few days ago I was helping my 5YO pick out a shirt to wear and I picked one that she calls her "workout shirt".  It's a cute cotton t-shirt that I guess she has worked out in before.  Then she turns to me and says "mom why don't you workout anymore?"  What?  I workout all the time - as a matter of fact I get up at 5:00 am to get workouts in.  So I said "I workout in the mornings when you are asleep."  Then she said "well you should workout more like you used to."

Last summer I used to do Insanity after work and was getting lots of double workouts in.  There is no time or energy for that right now but really to be called out like that by a 5 year old was a bit disturbing.  She used to love putting on her workout clothes and doing it with me.  So I told her that I would start doing it again after Christmas.  I guess I'll be adding some home workouts to the schedule soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment