Thursday, December 1, 2011

Skipping a workout...good or bad?

I can't seem to kick this cold so I slept in this morning and missed my speed workout.  BOO!  Today's workout was supposed to be a 7 mile run with 5 @ 8:24 pace.  I love speedwork days and I hate that I missed it.  

The problem is that now I will beat myself up over missing a workout and try to fit it in tonight or tomorrow (if I feel better) instead of resting before my long run on Saturday.  I'm sure it's fine to miss a run every now and then but the crazy in me takes over and I freak out about it. 

What do you do when you miss a workout? 

1 comment:

  1. Knock on wood ... but in the weeks that I've actually been exercising, I haven't been sick. However, twice the days got away from me and I hadn't reach my 10,000 steps. I became so agitated and ornery. After hitting the treadmill late on both those nights, I felt much calmer. I must be an exercise addict now. :)

    ReplyDelete