Thursday, December 15, 2011

Longest 7 Miles Ever

Today's workout was a 7 mile tempo run.  The training said 5 miles at 8:20 pace with a warm up and cool down.  I decided that I don't love doing a full mile cool down so today I did 1 1/2 mile warm up then my 5 miles then a 1/2 mile cool down.  I liked it better and I think I'll do it that way again.

The whole workout was an hour and I don't know why but today's workout was just mentally brutal.  It seemed to take forever and the gym just didn't entertain me at all today.  It's hard to talk on the treadmills because you have to yell and you can't see each other and there is so much going on.  So we chatted for a few minutes at the beginning then it was all iPod from there.  I just watched the numbers on my treadmill screen.  By the end I started speeding up just to make it go by faster.

After the run I did my quick weights workout and now that it's over I am so glad I did it.  Most weeks the tempo or speed workouts are my favorite.  Not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment