Friday, November 4, 2011

The Dilemma

Sometimes being a mom and a runner don't go so well together.  All 4 of my kids have been sick at some point this week with fevers, headaches, chills, etc.  That means I haven't gotten a good night sleep once because for some reason they are never sick at the same time.  Since I haven't slept well I have missed a few of my morning runs.  I hate it when I miss a run in the morning because it's nearly impossible to fit it in later in the day (again because of the kids).  I am definitely getting a treadmill (and soon) to help with this issue.  

Also, I am supposed to head to St. George this weekend for the Snow Canyon half marathon.  I signed up for the STG runners series to get into the marathon and need to do 2 races down there.  I feel so guilty leaving my still sick boys with someone else since dad is still out of town.  

The big dilemma is that I really want to do the race and check it off my to-do list but I also really want to be a good mom and be here for them.  I have 2 hours to decide what to do and it is stressing me out. UGH UGH UGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment