Monday, November 21, 2011

Annual Work Checkup

This morning at work I had my annual health review for lower insurance rates.  They do blood work, weight, BMI, body fat %, etc.  It's great to have cheaper insurance but I wasn't very happy during my personal assessment meeting today.  

In 2005 my body fat was 1% lower that it is now.  That was 2 kids and 6 years ago.  I'd think only varying by 1% would be a good thing.  But this sweet young girl who was doing my analysis challenged me to do better.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Obviously I'm a bit wound up about this.  She should have been telling me great job on maintaining myself in my old age.  She also told me that snacking every 2-3 hours is the best way to eat.  Agreed.  However, I simply don't have time to prepare healthy snacks everyday for myself so I choose not to snack.  It's not like I'm eating candy bars between meals.  But still she told me that everyday when I get home from work before doing anything else I should pack up my lunch bag with healthy snacks for the next day.  Great idea - maybe she'd like to get my kids settled, dinner on the table, homework done and signed for me so I can pack myself some snacks.  

I'm done.  There were other things that I felt she shouldn't have said to me and maybe if I would have just agreed with her instead of telling her why I do the things I do it would have gone better.  But I pride myself in being a pretty healthy person and my results were all in the "good" category so she should have just backed off. 

Now I'm going to go get today's 7 mile run in and maybe eat a healthy snack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment