Friday, May 10, 2013

Hero WOD for Katrina

 Today our crossfit workout was a Hero workout dedicated to Katrina Lawrence who lost her life earlier this week after giving birth to her 6th child. I don't know her personally but I know members of her family and friends of hers.  The workout was VERY hard and thinking about her and her loving husband and beautiful children is what kept me going and got me through all 6 rounds. 


"Katrina"

Cash in: 34 Box Jumps for Justus (24in/20in)

Then 6 Rounds of the Following:

-14 Kettlebell Swings / for KAI the Intellectual (53/35),
-12 Front Squats / for TE the Karate Man (135lb/95lb),
-11 HSPU / for MAYA the gymnast,
-8 Burpees / for DAX the crazy man,
-3 Squat Cleans / for KOA who loves to leave everything clean (NOT!) (135lb/95lb)
-1 Thruster / for Jet Li the new baby thrusting himself into this world! (135lb/95lb)

Cash out: 36 Box Jumps for Katrina (24in/20in)

Rep = Children’s and Parents’ Ages
Rounds = Number of Children


In other news: On Wednesday we did our night run - 9 out of 12 isn't bad.  It was a fun run but going to bed at 11:00 pm nearly killed me.  And yesterday morning when the alarm went off at 5:00 am to go teach spin I was dead to the world.  But I went and taught class then did crossfit after.  Talk about great Ragnar training :) 



 Tomorrow is long run day.  16 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment