Monday, May 6, 2013

Go Housewives

Saturday was our first Ragnar team group run.  I love love love group runs! It's so fun to just hit the road with friends and chat about everything and nothing at all at the same time.  It was a beautiful morning too - I overdressed in a long sleeve shirt and capri's.  
7 of the Housewives of the UC

Because we knew Saturday had a lot going on we did our long run on Friday morning.  We did 14 miles at just under an 8:30 pace.  It was fast and after it was done I was glad we pushed it - but I am so not planning to push my next long run that hard. One thing I've read several times lately and heard from a few collegiate runners is that one long run a month you should do part or all of it at race pace or even faster.  So there we have it - now for the rest of May I can relax and not have to do fast long runs :)

Today we did hill repeats - we ran a mile over to State St. then headed up the hill (it was about 0.75 mile) then back down and up again.  Then added a few miles then did it one last time just for fun.  Ha ha.  Not really for fun but it was a great hill training workout.  8 miles total. I love the variety of Ragnar training.

No comments:

Post a Comment