Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More Band-Aids Please

It is not my week for running.  Today's workout was speed work.  I ran 10 miles total and by the last few miles my toe was bugging me.  When I got home and took off my socks I saw why.  My stupid toenail isn't even that long!!  I swear I have used more band-aids than all 4 of my kids combined this week. 

P.S. I apologize for my hideous toenails (this picture inspired me to repaint them). 

As for today's workout.  I did a warm up mile at an 8:40ish pace.  Then did 7.5 miles at tempo (I did the first 4 miles at an 8:00 pace then sped up for the last 3.5 miles and finished my last half mile at a 7:30 pace).  Then I did another 1.5 mile cool down to get to 10 miles total.  I was only planning on running 9 miles with 7 at tempo but the zip fizz kicked in and I put on my iPod for the last couple of tempo miles so I kept going.  

Yesterday's workout was spin and weights and tomorrow is an easy run with weights. Hopefully I can get through tomorrow without any blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment