Friday, August 24, 2012

Awesome 20 Miler Quote



"I love the fact that not many people can say 'Oh, I went out and ran 20 miles today.' I love how much dedication it takes and how much you learn a lot about yourself, your physical and mental limits. There's just something about it."
Shalane Flanagan, 2012 U.S. Olympic Marathoner

How awesome is that quote?  I got it today as my Runners World quote of the day.  It came at the perfect time. Tomorrow T and I are doing our first St. George 20 miler.  As with all long runs I'm nervous that I won't be able to do it and I'm scared it will hurt. But I am going to get out there and just go for it.  

This picture is after our 18 miler last week.  Let's hope that tomorrow I am one lucky girl to have friends who are as dedicated and crazy as me.  I'd never do this alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment