Monday, April 29, 2013

Pink 5K - a new PR

Saturday I ran the Pink Series 5K with these awesome girls.  This was also my first emissary race which was a blast.  It was seriously such a fun run.  I can't think of the last 5K I've done - and at first I was a little bugged that I was only going to be running 3.1 miles but after I was finished and nothing on my body hurt I decided it's a great distance and I like being done so fast!  For this race you get bused up to the start and then you come down some very steep hills - it is a FAST course.  I killed my previous 5K PR (23.29) and finished in 21:13.  I haven't run a sub 7:00 since high school and it felt great to run that fast. 

 

Laurie took this fun PINK picture (I'm the n)
in my shadow I've got some serious booty going on :)



Today's workout: 7 mile hill run - it's Ragnar training time so we will be doing hill workouts on Mondays now.

No comments:

Post a Comment