Monday, February 11, 2013

New Treadmill PR - 18 miles

It snowed on and off for 3 days straight so I planned my long run for Saturday morning on the treadmill.  On my schedule this week was a 16 miler - first one since the marathon in October.  I was a little nervous about lasting for 16 miles on the treadmill. My running partners were both out of town so I tagged along with my sis-in-law and her running partners.  By tagged along I mean ran next to on the treadmill :)

I got there early and got a couple miles under my belt before they got there then chatted and ran and ran and ran and ran some more.  I really wanted a picture of the 16 on the screen but at mile 11 when I took my GU and a drink I hit the cord and pulled the stop button out....nearly made me cry.  But since my mileage and time were gone I decided to take a quick potty break.  Then I got back on and ran another 5 miles.  The girls weren't finished yet so I just walked for a mile next to them and then decided to run another mile since I felt good and wanted to chat with my sis-in-law.  I am so excited that I felt good enough to add on a few easy miles after my long run!!


While I was running this darling old lady strolled up with her walked and got on the treadmill.  It made my day. She walked for a bit then did some exercises and stretches - got back on her walker and headed over for the stationary bikes.  SO AWESOME! 


Today's workout:  run and crossfit

No comments:

Post a Comment