Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Not my day

What a morning I had.  The days I teach spin are always a bit stressful for me.  I have to be there no matter what's going on at home and it's just so darn early.  This morning Sophie had a bad dream and woke me up at 4:20 then she just kept tossing and turning and was still not asleep when I got up at 5:00 am.  She turned to me when I got out of bed and said "mama, you are supposed to protect me from bad guys".  Nearly broke my heart but all I could do was have her 10 year old brother crawl into bed next to her to protect her.  Then I show up to teach and the microphone was gone.  UGH!  Not how I wanted to start my day. 

Luckily I had a "song workout" on my iPod.  So it ended up working out great and we just switched up our tempo and tension each time the song changed.  I ended up getting a great hour long workout and when I got home the kids were all still sound asleep.  After my shower I even cuddled up next to Sophie for 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment