Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Freedom Run

Today's workout was a tempo run. 7 miles total with 5 miles at an 8:03 pace.  We met early at the gym to hit the treadmills and I'm not gonna lie it felt great to push my body and do some speed work.  

Then I went straight from the gym to find my SIL at the Freedom Festival 5K.  I was planning on pacing her for the run but never found her on the race.  Sad.  I'm so proud of her for training and doing the run - nothing better than meeting a goal! And even though I didn't find her I saw so many people I know.  My sisters hubby and his brother were running the race all decked out so I ran along side them for a bit to say hello and snap a quick picture.  I saw people from work, from my spin class, friends from out of town, girls from my Ragnar team - tons and tons of people.  It was so much fun.  Maybe I should do the run next year. 
 
My brother-in-law and sister-in-law after the freedom festival 5K

My brother-in-law and his brother during the freedom run

No comments:

Post a Comment