Saturday, June 9, 2012

Trying not to beat myself up....

I promise I will do a real race recap later but for now I need to get over the fact that I didn't make my goal.  My time was 3:49 and I'll talk about it later.  

My friends and family have been so supportive and are doing a bang up job of helping me get over it.  

Here is the best text I got today:

"Listen u r a rock star mom, great wife, amazing friend, u have more determination & discipline than anyone I know....u work and do it all....quite frankly I'm glad u aren't perfect.  I'm glad that the race kicked ur butt a little...so we can still b friends"

Honestly - it made me laugh so hard and I am so grateful to have friends who are so funny and so supportive!  And my big sis called me (you know my running idol) to tell me how proud she was of me and that she totally gets why I'm not quite there yet with being happy.  She just gets it and I'm glad because talking to her helped a ton.  

So tomorrow or Monday I'll be in a frame of mind to do a full recap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment