Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Running Shoes

I'm trying a new type of shoe this year. Every year I buy 2 pair of shoes to last me a full year of running. I like to alternate between both so my shoes get broken in for races but not worn out. Last year I had Asics and I decided to try Nike Free's for my short runs because I read in Runners World that they were a great lightweight shoe to transition into barefoot running. I loved the way they looked - but couldn't run more than 8 miles in them comfortably.

This year I hit the running store (Runner's Corner) and asked for lightweight/neutral shoes. Of course I brought in my old shoes so they could look at the bottom to determine my form (neutral works for me - yippee). I tried on 6 different pairs of shoes and went out and ran a bit in each of them. Most of them felt pretty similar so in the end I did what all serious mom runners do and picked the 2 cutest pairs. What do you think?


I was a little nervous about only having lightweight shoes but the experts at the store said you can run full marathon's in both of these shoes if you train in them. So far they have been great. I love how light they are when I run. I have only gone 7.5 miles in them so far and the only complaint I have is that my calves are a bit tight - which I understand means I'm already changing my form to runner lighter. Nice. I can't wait to see how fast these shoes make me!

No comments:

Post a Comment