Monday, February 28, 2011

Cold Dark Mornings

I really don't like running on cold dark mornings (like today) but it's still better than the treadmill. The only thing that gets me out of my warm cozy bed at 5:30 in the morning is meeting my friends. This morning I talked one of them into meeting me 20 minutes early because I really wanted to run 7 miles instead of 5 (since I was a slacker on Saturday and only ran 5). Thank goodness for AMAZING friends who are willing to be crazy with me. Once I was done I was so glad I woke up early and got in the extra miles. I love the feeling of pushing a myself little harder. I just kept thinking about all the extra calories I ate yesterday at family dinner - that will always keep me going. Burn calories so I can eat food :)

It was extra cold this morning too - I had on a tank, long sleeved top and a jacket and didn't shed any of my layers. Usually about 1/2 mile in my jacket is tied around my waist. I think my shower was almost 20 minutes while I tried to warm up. I ended up with the water as hot as it would go scalding my skin but I was still cold until I wrapped up in my fluffy robe and was blow drying my hair - that's when I finally felt warm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment