Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Mornings

Monday morning runs are the pits. Maybe it's the fact that I eat too much on Sundays. Or that I drink too little water or that I stay up too late. I'm not sure what it is but every Monday I want to stay in my warm cozy bed instead of getting up and going running. I'm always glad when it's over but I never run as fast or feel as good on Monday's. Today I had a side stitch after the first mile - so annoying. At least it is starting to get light outside - too bad next week is daylight savings time and we go back to the dark for another month. Spring can't get here soon enough. I'm so ready to run in shorts and tanks again instead of layer upon layer. I think all the clothes slow me down :)

On a side note: my calves are still a little tight and sore from running in my new shoes. I hear that's a good thing and it means my form is better and I'm running more on the ball of my foot, but I don't know. All I know is that my calves are tight after every run I do lately. I wonder how long it will take?

No comments:

Post a Comment