Tuesday, November 19, 2013

While I can't run....

I feel like it's been ages since I ran...and really it has been 6 days.  I am a total head case.  While I can't run in order to keep myself occupied I've been doing a lot of therapy:  stem, deep blue, magnesium oil, arnica, stretching, resting, motrin, and this crazy rubber wrap - you wrap it as tight as you can then stretch for 2-3 minutes.



Everything seems to be helping and my heel is already feeling a lot better - but I know I need to stay the course and keep at it for at least another week. I seriously can't wait to run again. 

I've also been doing a lot of cross-training.  I joined a new crossfit gym and have gone every day.  I've been on the spin bike and rowing machine and I even went and swam laps (haven't done that in 6 years).





Funny story about swimming.  I'm at the pool everyday since my boys swim on a club team so I grabbed my hubbies goggles and my swim gear and did laps for 45 minutes.  It was brutal.  During the swim I looked over at my 9 year old in the lane next to me and he was goofing off so I took off my goggles and told him to work harder and stop playing.  He hadn't noticed it was me swimming next to him for the last 30 minutes.  Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment