Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Race Bag

I've done quite a few races this year and have been trying to make the perfect "race day" drop bag. So far I've been lucky and have never had my bag lost at a race but I try to make sure there really isn't anything too important in it just in case.  I usually get to the start on the early side so some standing/sitting/hanging out is involved.  If you tend be on the last bus you won't need all of this stuff. 

So here it is:

Old blanket - you can wrap it around you and or your friends or sit on it and if you throw it on the side of the road - who cares!
Thanks Delta - you kept me warm in Boston

 trash bag - you can wear it or sit on this as well
Sherry and I on the bus heading to my first marathon in 2009



Kleenex - way too often the TP runs out in the porta potties and why wait for one that has it when you can just have some in your bag


throw away warm gear - gloves, ear warmers, shirt, and pants
I found these at Wal-Mart for $1.50 each!!

I know some people like to bring a magazine or something to pass the time...but I bring friends instead!  
Heading up the start of the UV half marathon - June 2013


I always put my GU's, electrolytes, and ipod in a ziplock bag the night before then I can put it in my pockets up at the start instead of trying to think about it all on race morning

Water bottle - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
Chapstick, advil, body glide, etc - just in case  

Another smart thing to do is bring a ribbon or something to tie around your bag so you can spot it easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment