Monday, November 4, 2013

Snow Canyon Race Recap

I ran my last race of 2013 and I must say I am glad to be done racing for a little while.  Snow Canyon is a great half-marathon.  It's far enough away to make a girls trip of it and hit some warm weather but not too far.  It's a nice fast course and Snow Canyon is simply gorgeous.  The race was great and I got a new PR of 1:40:08 (7:38 pace) - supah fast for me!  I ran every step of the way with my girl Laurie and we chatted for 10 miles until I felt like shutting down then I had to listen to music to get me through the last few miles of neighborhood running.  I love having training partners who challenge me and entertain me all at once.  It was perfect weather 40's - 50's too.  I did a GU at mile 9 - which is the only way I made it through the last few miles.  

You really can't go wrong with this race.  It's not very expensive and never sells out.  There were about 2000 runners of all levels and it's well organized.  Good amount of water stations, lots of porta potties, areas to cheer on your runners throughout the course and lots of food and drinks at the end. 


Laurie and I at mile 12.5

All the Housewives - 6 of us ran the half, 1 the 5K and everyone else ran for fun on their own :)


No comments:

Post a Comment