Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ready for Boston

I am getting ridiculously excited for the Boston marathon.   I love that I'm not putting pressure on myself with time and training.  I just want to feel good running and have fun.  Yesterday in the mail I got my runner passport with my bib number on it. 




And even though I won't get to see her race this time (watching her sprint to the finish in 2010 was so awesome) I am way excited that Kara Goucher is doing Boston this year.  I love her!


I finished my last long training run before the race last Saturday.  Since I woke up to snow covered sidewalks I ran 20 miles on the treadmill at the gym.  I had lots of friends there running with me and didn't even get out my iPod.  Just chatted the entire time.  At one point I looked down the row of treadmills at the gym and on one side there were 5 treadmills - 1 broken, 1 empty and I knew the other 2 girls running (both doing Boston).  On the other side I had my 2 awesome running partners then my sis-in-law and her 2 running partners who I know and love.  It was so fun seeing the entire row of strong awesome girls running.  Every single one of us forced inside by the snow.  It all made 20 on the treadmill not seem so bad. 


On the schedule for this week:  
Monday I did 3 miles and crossfit in the morning, then another 5 miles outside that afternoon.  
Tuesday:  taught spin and did crossfit
Wednesday:  5 miles outside
Thursday:  speed work and crossfit
Friday:  crossfit
Saturday: 16 miler

No comments:

Post a Comment