Monday, March 18, 2013

Fun Group Run

It's finally warm enough to run in the canyon.  I love love love running in Provo Canyon.  Saturday was a 16 miler for me and since it's warming up we planned a group run.  It's so fun to run down the canyon and everyone can pick their distance and drop a car off along the route.  The first 4 miles were chilly but not too bad then the next 2 there was a LOT of snow on the trail so we hiked that portion more than run and it was pretty cold.  But the last 10 were beautiful and I finished my run in a tank top happy as could be. 

For some reason my tummy gave me lots of issues after the run.  I haven't had issues in a few years but Saturday was bad news.  Luckily I was fine on the run and it hit about 20 minutes after I stopped.  I drank the normal amount of water and gatorade but because we ran a little later in the morning I ate a half a banana and some peanut butter on toast.  I never eat before I run so I'm guessing that must be what threw my body off.  I won't be doing that again anytime soon.  

Today I did 5 miles on the treadmill before crossfit then another 4 miles after.  This is my last big mileage week before the marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment