Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3+9.5+4+3.5=20

Confusing right?  That's how I broke up this mornings run.  

I am going out of town this weekend so I can't do my long run on Saturday and the next few days it's supposed to rain so I decided a mid-week long run was going to have to work.  I had to ask my parents to come over and get my kids off to school (since the hubby is out of town) and then figure out my running friends schedules. 

So here is how it went:
3 miles alone run from my house to the running girls house
9.5 mile loop with Traci, Laurie and Kelli
4 mile loop with Laurie and Lori
3.5 miles home with Lori

It was such a crazy way to do a long run - usually I would get dropped off up the canyon and run home or do an out-n-back.  But today was all sorts of crazy loops and picking up and dropping off friends.  I loved it.  It was so different and I thought about it in small sections instead of just as a 20 mile run.  My legs were heavy and tired because I didn't have a rest day yesterday.  But I did it and it's over.  When I got home I took a 10 minutes ice bath and then headed off to work.  I had to get up at 4:45 am to get it all in - so don't be suprised if I fall asleep in my office today.


And just for your entertainment.  Last week right after my 18 miler I headed straight to the Jr high to watch my oldest play basketball - I can't believe I went out in public like this!!



1 comment:

  1. You're AWESOME. I passed you running down 800 to Geneva, probably right at the end. 20 miles by 8 am!

    ReplyDelete