Monday, November 12, 2012

Death by Squats

The name alone should have made me walk away....but I decided to do go for it anyway.  I started the morning with 3.5 miles on the treadmill then did the 360 fit workout of the day - "death by squats".  For the workout we started with 5 squats during a one minute interval - you got to rest as soon as you finished.  Then we did 6, 7, 8, etc. until we couldn't finish in a minute.  I made it to 28.  Which means I did 396 squats in 28 minutes!!  Then I had to do max rep pushups - 25 for me.  After than I jumped back on the treadmill to finish my run.  I ran 1.5 more miles and thought I was going to die.  Truly.  My legs felt 100 lbs each.  It took almost 3/4 of a mile before they relaxed at all.  But I really wanted to get 5 miles in so I forced myself to keep going.  Now my legs are jello.  






And since I worked out so hard I thought I should make sure to eat really healthy today.  My goal right now is to eat lots of protein - 30 g. 3x's a day. 

Breakfast: recovery shake - winder dairy recovery with a banana and udo's oil
Lunch:  Fage greek yogurt (1 c.) with fresh blueberries and Traci's homemade granola
Snack:  apple, string cheese and nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment