Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August Recap

My goodness I'm so behind on my posts.  This whole back to school thing takes a while to get used to.  August was a big month for me - my highest mileage month EVER  (191.10 miles) in my life.  Which might be why I've been feeling tired.  But I also feel very ready for the marathon. 
 


Saturday was my 22 mile run.  We got dropped off up the canyon and ran down all the way back to the house.  I felt better on this run than on our last 20.  I did GU chomps at mile 7 and 17 and a roctane gel at mile 11.  We dropped drinks along the trail so that I didn't have to carry anything - one of my gatorades got taken but luckily there was a water fountain near that stop.  I did the whole thing without music too.  

Monday was supposed to be a 10 mile recovery run and even though it was Labor Day there was lots going on so I left my house at 5:30 am to drive up the canyon to meet a friend who was staying at her cabin for the weekend.  It was really dark at 6:00 and the trail just seemed too scary to both of us.  So we ended up running 4 miles up a mountain and back down.  Not the best "recovery" run - it was a tough 8 miles but I finished it.  It rained on us the last mile which was actually really nice. Then yesterday I taught spin and did crossfit.  And today was a 9 mile run. 




No comments:

Post a Comment