Thursday, October 4, 2012

Final Preparations

In 2 days I will be done running the marathon!!  So right now I am doing all my final preparations.  I have been eating healthy and doing a bit of early carb loading.  I'm drinking lots of water and gatorade to get this body all hydrated.


I printed out the course map and figured out when I'm going to take my GU's and what times I need to hit each point of the race to make my goal.


I have my outfit all picked out and washed.  And I got these awesome new shoes from my friend for my birthday.  I have done 9 miles in them to break them in this week and they are going to help me cruise to the finish line.


I am very calm right now and excited for race day.  I really want to try to enjoy this race and remember that I LOVE RUNNING!!!  Running has given me so much over the past few years and I want to focus on those things while I run.  I have created amazing friendships.  I am healthier and faster than I have been since high school.  I weigh less than I did on my wedding day.  I have the most supportive and amazing family cheering me on every day and helping me make my goals.  I can't wait to see the smile on Todd's face when I cross the finish line!!  (can someone remind me of this at mile 23?)

No comments:

Post a Comment