Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm tired


Today was another 10 mile run.  I really didn't want to get up when my alarm went off at 5:00 am.  But I knew I had to do it so I forced myself to get up, get dressed and go.  And by 8:00 am this morning I had run 10 miles.  Picked up a few things at the grocery store.  Made and served fancy birthday pancakes to my 9 year old and got 3 kids off to school. 

I've realized that I'm starting to get tired and I just keep telling myself 3 more weeks of hard training then I can taper and then it's race day.  I'm ready to not be marathon training for a while.  I think maybe I've done too many races in the last 18 months.  4 out of my 5 marathons and lots of other races in between.  I'm tired and ready to run for fun for a few months.  I love racing and it keeps me motivated....but I am ready to have my races be half marathons or shorter :)

Saturday we did 16 and it was a good run.  I felt fine the whole run and we ran the last 3 miles faster than the first 13.  Always a good sign.  I will stay motivated until St. George and I plan on running hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment