Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Utah Valley Half Marathon Race Recap

I am finally getting around to writing up my race recap from last Saturday's half marathon.  I loved the race and had a great run.  I PR'd with a time of 1:41:42 (my previous PR was 1:44 at Snow Canyon).  The temp was great.  There was no headwind this year. My body felt great. I really did love this race.  The only issue with the race was that there were no porta potties along the course.  Lots at the start and finish but none on the course.  It was a mistake by the company not the race - but still created a lot of stress and issues for runners. Luckily, it didn't affect my race at all.

 

Me, Higgy, Jill, Tracy and Laurie with our numbers at packet pickup

I woke up at 3:10 am - the worst part of races is how early you have to get up.  We all drove together to the buses.  The ride up was great we were on city buses instead of school buses so it was nice and comfy.

Heading up on the bus

I ran the entire 13.1 with Laurie right by my side.  We pushed our pace but still talked the whole time.  We both felt great.  I took a roctane at mile 8 and drank water 3 times total.  We put on our music the last 2 miles of the race just to help us push the pace.  Then when I saw our time as we crossed the finish line and knew I PR'd I was VERY happy.  I didn't wear a watch and we ran based on feel.

Ringing the PR bell at the end



After the race - love these girls!!


First race in these beauties - and every time I saw them during the run they made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment