Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life of a running mom

I just got this text with this picture from a friend who will remain nameless:
Umm is it 6:17 pm and I've been in my workout clothes since 5:10 am?
The true life of a running mom.  Get up before the crack of dawn so you can workout while the kids are still sound asleep in their warm beds. Get home from the gym just in time to make breakfast and get the kids ready for school.  Then maybe hurry and run a few errands and then a few more.  Just to realize you still haven't had any time for yourself to do the simple things like shower.  


And I'm sure that now it's time to make dinner and maybe run a few more kids around to their activities.  Maybe tonight before bed there will be time for a nice relaxing bubble bath and a good book.  


Today's workout:  weights and hill workout on the treadmill.  I didn't get a very good hill workout in because I didn't stretch or roll out my legs last night after my run so my legs were rebelling this morning and kept cramping up.  Don't worry I paid the price this morning by rolling extra slow and I am going to roll again tonight before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment