Wednesday, November 13, 2013

2 weeks of no running

I had a bad morning.  I've been fighting my heel hurting since before the marathon last month and it's not getting better.  It hurt more this morning than it did at mile 26 of the marathon.  We were out for a 7 mile run and by mile 2 I knew I shouldn't be running.  So I told the girls I was going to run less miles and walk for a bit and not to wait for me.  I slowed my pace way down and ended up running 6 miles.  By the end of the run I was so mad at myself.  Mad that I can't even run 7 freaking miles.  Mad at myself for not taking care of my foot.  Mad at myself for not being able to run as fast as I wanted to.  Just plain mad at myself.  

It doesn't happen often but when I feel worse after a run than when I started it's really hard  for me to break out of the funk.  Today is one of those days for me.  I'm super emotional and grouchy and hate thinking about the fact that I have to rest my foot.  I've decided that am NOT going to run for the next 2 weeks to see if that will fix my pain.  If it still hurts this much after that then I will go to the doctor.  I'm not a patient person and I don't do rest well so let's hope 2 weeks is all it takes.  I am going to keep doing stem on it at night and tape it up and take motrin during my 2 week running hiatus.  Wish me luck!




Today I saw this cool video on runners world on how to tape yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment